Okay, I’m a little bit of a sucker when it comes to makeup and skincare (like you guys couldn’t guess). When The Face Shop says buy one, get one half off , I think, ahh the beauty gods have graced me with this chance to add a new lip product into my arsenal. So, here we are. Let’s see if what my first thoughts are on this (somewhat) pricey lip product.
- Pretty much on point. It’s so tiny and slick, and I can tell the colour on the end. Nice.
- Dislike: the weird doe foot applicator. It’s shaped in a concave fashion, so a lot of product gathers in it.
- Ehhh, it’s a doe-foot applicator and it applies well enough. But like stated earlier, due to its shape, the wand picks up a lot, maybe even too much, product.
- As soon as I put this on, I thought, ah, so it’s a lip tint. (because I didn’t bother to look up what this was before trying it ahaha)
- It’s very typical of a cream/milk lip tint. It gives pretty good colour pay off, and it absorbs really quick. It also feels pretty comfortable on the lips.
- (NYC’s Liquid Lip Stain is very comparable)
- The shade is pretty natural on me (coughcough, when I’m not two shades paler due to a wrong face powder choice); a “my lips but better” shade.
- Nice amount of shine and hides chapped lips better well!
- BUUUT, then that top layer comes off and the tint left behind isn’t that noticeable with this shade.
- Overall impression: Meh, 6.5/10
- In comparison to other lip tints I’ve tried, I don’t find this much different. Well, it might even have a shorter life span on the lips compared to others actually.
- Wished I bought a brighter colour so the tint would be more apparent. To be honest, I thought this would show up darker than it was.
- Will I repurchase? Nope.
- If you’re interested in trying something like this, the NYC Liquid Lip Stains are pretty similar and are a fraction of the price.
ps: No, really, let’s all ignore how the face powder I used is too pale for me. Thanks for your cooperation!