Now that I’m somewhat settled in my new (full-time!) job, I can get back to blogging a little more regularly. So, let’s get right on to this intriguing foundation.
- It’s an aerosol can… and it works just like you think it would.
- Press down and out sprays foundation! Ohh ahh.
- Downside: Fairly large/tall canister, thus inconvenient for travel
- Okay, there are a lot of ways to apply this foundation. Here’s a break down of what I thought of each:
- Just spraying directly onto face: Messy and just…I don’t want to deal with that in the morning.
- Spray close range to face and blend with tool/fingers: Still a little messy and evenly spreading can be difficult due to its thin consistency.
- Spray onto flat top kabuki and spread onto face: It’s okay. I wasn’t that impressed with the finish; dry patches were no friends.
- Spray onto dampen sponge and spread onto face: My favourite method because I find the finish to be the most even and natural.
- Chemical-like meets strong powder. Not pleasant, but doesn’t last long either.
- I read people saying this was a full coverage foundation, but eh, I wouldn’t go that far.
- Medium to just under full if you build it. Some of my redness from blemishes weren’t getting covered.
- Satin finish really, or a “very natural skin” finish or lite from within look, or whatever you beauty poets say these days.
- Though, if over applied, it will cake up.
Longevity & Oil Control?
- Okay, this is where I’ll address my two main issues with this foundation:
- This foundation does not fully set and remains tacky for a long time.
- Oil control is not good.
- This foundation also becomes more and more dewy, which could be okay for some and not-so-okay for others.
- Hour wise? If you’re oily, let’s say you’re safe for 4 hours of matte before the tackiness seeps through your setting powder. Another 2 hours and your face will be noticeably shiny.
- I had a few expectations coming from what I thought would be a thinner, matte finish foundation, but alas, it was not what I got.
- I like it enough to use it until I finish it, but I will not repurchase. Although good coverage, I wasn’t a fan of how tacky it was and how it accentuated any differences in my skin’s texture (ie: dry patches and scars)
- I would recommend this foundation to: Normal skin types, who want a flawlessly even-toned face with a natural finish.
I would not recommend this foundation to: Oilier skin types, due to lack of oil control OR drier skin types, due to dry patches being accentuated.
- Overall Rating: 6.5/10
Whelp, there we go. Hope that was enlightening.