According to my stats, a lot of people seemed to have liked my previous Battle of Drugstore Favs, so I decided to do another one! Interested in how Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Concealer + Treatment Concealer stacks up against their Fit Me! concealer? Then, let the games begin!
Introduction of contenders:
- Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Concealer+ Treatment (in 210 Fair)
- Maybelline’s Fit Me! Concealer (in 15 Fair)
- FYI, the labeling of the shades selection is messed up. According to my research, the order of shades from lightest to darkest goes like this: 15, 10, 20, 25, 35, 30. Maybelline, you can do better.
Conditions of Battle:
- No primers
- No foundations
- No setting sprays
- Both blended with flat top angled concealer brush (cough Sigma P88 dupe)
- Translucent powder with a puff was used to set everything.
- Some blush and highlighting was used, because potato face ain’t cute when you’re going out.
- Shade Selection? Fit Me!
- Both Instant Age Rewind and Fit Me! have 6 shades, but Fit Me! offers a deeper shade that Instant Age Rewind doesn’t.
- Quantity? Tie!
- Both have around 0.2 fl oz.
- Packaging? Fit Me!
- Ha ha, come on, do I really need to say anything about this? Admittedly, I have a love/hate relationship with the sponge tip of the Instant Age Rewind, but Fit Me! is just fool proof. Plus, I can see how much I have left with the Fit Me! concealer.
- Price? Fit Me!
- And it’s a significant few dollars difference too. I’m thinking it might be due to the packaging. Hmm.
L- Instant Age Rewind | R- Fit Me!
- Applicator? Instant Age Rewind!
- I know this goes against the whole packaging thing above, but with all questionable santiary issues and the inability to see how much product remains aside, I like how the Instant Age Rewind applies better. Why? Because it makes it easier to use less. With the doe foot applicator of Fit Me!, you can have to be careful not to put too much on a certain area.
- Texture/Blendability? Fit Me!
- Hard to pick, buuuut since Instant Age Rewind dries much quicker than liquid-y Fit Me!, it makes it harder to blend out.
Top- Instant Age Rewind | Bottom- Fit Me!
- Buildability? Tie!
- Both of these concealers are very buildable, yaas.
- Coverage? Instant Age Rewind!
- Both have high coverage, but Instant Age Rewind is a bit more pigmented. (Hence why I used it on on the side of my face that was breaking out way worse.
- Finish? Fit Me!
- Okay, this is more of a personal preference, but I find myself liking the skin-like finish of Fit Me! concealer better than the Instant Age Rewind which dries quite matte (at least without foundation under it).
Top- Instant Age Rewind | Bottom- Fit Me!
- Longevity? Tie!
- Despite what may appear in the pictures above, I think these guys are both in for the long long long haul. Great staying power for both!
- Oil Control? Tie!
- I really couldn’t see much of a difference in terms of oil control, they’re both pretty good, not perfect, but good.
Random Test Time!
Streak Test? Tie!
- Both blend very well into the skin, no major streaking to be seen.
Coverage Test? Instant Age Rewind!
- Anyhow, as you might be able to tell, Instant Age Rewind was better at covering the red line.
Crease Test? Tie!
Left eye – Fit Me! | Right Eye – Instant Age Rewind
- So, these aren’t crease proof, but they both sure as heck ain’t bad. I find that neither one is worse than the other.
- Instant Age Rewind: 3/14
Fit Me!: 5/14
- It’s a tie!
My Overall Conclusion
These are both very good concealers. I came into the battle thinking that my HG Instant Age Rewind would win, but Fit Me! kept right up. Overall, I think the deciding differences between the two are: packaging, coverage and finish.
I would recommend Instant Age Rewind for blemishes over under eyes, due to its matte finish and higher coverage. Dry skin types might not like this one as much either.
I would recommend Fit Me! for under eyes over blemishes, due to its lesser coverage and skin-like finish. All skin types should be fine with this concealer.
ps: Lemme know if you guys have of any other drugstore favs to battle!
pss: Posting on my Birthday soooo, be nice guys. 😛