This will be my first monthly favourites post ever, ain’t that exciting? This is mostly composed of new items I bought and rediscovered loves for the month of March. Shall we have a look?
1. up & up’s Daily Moisturizing Serum
- A beautiful moisturizer/serum to use under your makeup, your skin feels soooo smooth
- Maybe not moisturizing enough for those with dry skin though.
- OF course, Target decides to turn tail in Canada once I found this beauty. Sigh.
- Olay’s Regenerist Regeneration Serum is very similar to this, but more expensive with their inclusion of anti-aging ingredients.
2. L’Oréal’s True Match (N2) + e.l.f’s Flawless Finish Foundation (Porcelain)
- I have been loving this foundation combo.
- Together, they give me the perfect colour match, high coverage, and slightly dewy finish.
- ANND, the airless pump was purchased from ebay. Cause everyone hates the pumpless foundation packaging True Match has.
3. KleanColor’s Beauty Blending Sponge
- My dog ate about three Real Techniques facial sponges, so I gave up on those for a while. One day, I stumbled upon this guy and decided to give him a shot.
(and if my dog did decide to eat this one too, it wouldn’t make my wallet cry)
- Admittedly, this sponge isn’t quite as good as the Real Techniques sponge, BUT that’s mostly due to its shape. It’s a little harder to get into the tiny crevices of your eye’s inner corner and around the nostrils.
- Besides that, it applies foundation in a lovely manner and I would say give him a chance.
- eBay’s a hit or miss place to buy cosmetics, however I definitely lucked out for this blush palette.
- I’ve had this for a while, but I found myself reaching for it this past month due to it’s awesome pigmentation and bright spring-like colours.
- People always talk about what’s really in eBay’s mysterious cosmetics products, but I’m staying on the ignorance is bliss side of things >>
- Again, something I’ve had in my collection for a while, but I found myself reaching very frequently for it this month. Especially the left size of the palette.
- Most beauty bloggers and their mothers know that Wet n Wild’s Eyeshadow Trios and Eyeshadow Collections (the 8 pan one like Comfort Zone above) are the best drugstore eyeshadows the world has to offer.
- They’re deliciously pigmented to the max and super soft and creamy and UGH. BUY THIS.
6. Still Spa Essential’s 006 Eyeshadow Blender Brush
- While shopping with a friend, I found this random brush brand and was curious about the blending brush. After some
mildpersuasion from said friend, I bought it.
- I’m thinking this brush might only be available in Canadian Walmarts because I couldn’t find much about them online and they have french translations on the handle (Détente essentiels pour le spa, 006 Mélangeur pour ombre à paupières)
- It’s quite nice as a brush, no shedding and quite soft
- I wish it was a little more malleable but nonetheless, it does its job!
7. Almay’s One Coat Triple Effect Mascara
- This is the mascara I’ve been going back to ever since I started putting on makeup (cough, beginning of 7th grade)
- It thickens and lengthens both my top and bottom lashes very well, and I really like the dry formula of it.
- I only wish it held my curl better.
8. L’Oréal’s Brow Stylist Plumper (in Medium to Dark)
- Pretty sure this is on everyone’s favourite list, but that doesn’t mean it should be without mention.
- Awesome brow product, keeps the hairs in place while thickening and darkening them just right.
- rave rave rave rave.
9. Almay’s Smart Shade Lip Butters
- I loooooove these.
- These are super buttery, with an appropriate amount of colour. A chapped lips’ dream.
- I actually prefers these to Revlon’s Lip Butters. The texture isn’t as slippery, the pigmentation isn’t so strong that you need a mirror to make sure you stay within your lip lines, and the lasting power is pretty good too. I kind of want the entire collection…
10. Etude House’s Dear My Jelly Lips-Talk (in JOR203)
- It’s hard to tell from the swatch, but this is a perfect coral/pink colour for spring.
- It hides chapped lips well, but the moisturizing feel doesn’t last all that long.
- Nonetheless, I love this and hold it dear.
11. LA Girl’s Glazed Lip Paints (in Hot Mess)
- It’s hard to find a very orange lip product with a drugstore price tag. Sigh. BUT, luckily there is this lip paint…which is really very orange despite what the swatch looks like.
- It’s a pretty daring colour for the average folk, but I personally love bold&bright lips for spring. Also, considering I do have a yellow undertone, I think this colour is very flattering.
- This might be the closest thing to a lip gloss that I like. The pigment is out of this world and it is a little sticky, but it dulls over time.
Okay, all done for today. Hope you liked it~
ps: Here’s my dog. Cause I don’t showcase the loveable troublemaker enough.
pss: there seemed to be a glitch with wordpress, so this post is technically a repost…