My family for Christmas this year decided to escape our Canadian winter and cruise the Caribbean! Considering I can’t logically bring my entire cosmetics collection, here are the selected products I brought along for the ride.
e.l.f’s Studio Hydrating Face Primer
- Brought this along because one of the foundations I brought is quite drying.
Etude House’s Collagen Moistfull Smoothing Ampule Primer
- An overall good primer that makes my BB creams and foundations last.
Skinfood’s Red Orange Makeup Finish (#1 Glossy)
- A great finishing spray that extends foundation wear and leaves a slighty dewy finish.
Revlon’s ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup (in Buff)
- A great higher-medium coverage foundation, a little drying though.
Lioele’s Triple the Solution BB Cream
- The best all-arounder foundation/BB I’ve ever tried. Full coverage, easy to apply, SPF30, perfect colour match and etc. Only downside is that it could have a better wear time.
The Face Shop’s Face It Waterproof BB Cream (in #01 Light Beige)
- Practically bullet proof, medium coverage and has a beautiful satin finish. Does hold up a lot better than other foundations in water, but I would say that it’s not necessarily all-the-way waterproof.
Flower Beauty’s Powder Trip Powder Foundation (in PP1)
- The smoothness this powder brings to the skin is lovely, also adds some more coverage without being cakey
Skin79’s Sun Protect Beblesh Balm BB Pact
- A long-time favourite of mine for the summer (or warm weather locations). Its colour is a small bit darker than my patsy natural skintone, so it lets me look less like a ghost. It also has a great finish, great coverage and high SPF!
e.l.f’s Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder (in St.Lucia)
- Why bring a separate blush and bronzer when you can bring both in one handy package? Love this duo. Bronzer is a little darker than I would like though, but it’s still usable.
e.l.f’s Studio Baked Highlighter (in Blush Gems)
- Favourite highlighter, I use it practically everyday
e.l.f’s Studio Baked Blush (in Rich Rose)
- Sometimes use it as a bronzer, sometimes I get lazy and use it as both a blush and bronzer. Swirl with a kabuki brush and bam, wonder cheek product.
e.l.f’s Essentials Clarifying Pressed Powder (in Ivory)
- I spot powder with this, meaning: I use under my eyes, over my blemishes or skin-picked areas and/or over my more oilier facial areas (like nostrils).
Urban Decay’s Naked2 Eyeshadow Palette
- I haven’t been into using much or even any eyeshadow lately, but for those formal dining nights on the cruise, I brought this all-star.
The Face Shop’s Freshian Big Mascara (in 01 Curling)
- Current favourite mascara: love how my lashes look, holds the curl and no smudging!
Maybelline’s Great Lash Waterproof Mascara
- To use on those humid days and not for full-blown underwater head dunking, because the waterproof-ness of this mascara isn’t…all that.
Urban Decay’s Glide-On Eye Pencil (in…a brown color?)
- Again, for use on formal dining nights. I only use this on the outer corner of my lower eyelid and smudge it with a brush. Creates something a little dramatic 🙂
Missha’s M Real Lasting Pen Eyeliner (in Black)
- A great liquid eyeliner that’s easy to use and can create both subtle and dramatic looks with its skinny tip.
e.l.f’s Studio Eyebrow Kit (in Light)
- This wax/powder duo is just awesome. The one and only eyebrow product I use really.
e.l.f’s Studio Lip Exfoliator
- A great chapped-lip tamer, especially when you want to wear any matte lipsticks.
NYX’s HD Eyeshadow Base
- Cause when I do use eyeshadow, I want it to stick and this does a pretty good job!
Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Concealer + Treatment (in 210 Fair)
- Fantastic liquid concealer, high coverage, lasts super long and has a satin like finish!
The Face Shop’s Eyelash Curler
- I have two eyelash curlers and this just happened to be the closest one to grab.
- Tony Moly’s Cat Chu Wink Tint (in Orange ChaCha)
– Long lasting reddish orange lip tint. Favourite.
- Maybelline’s Baby Lips (in Cherry Me)
– Lovely tinted lip balm.
- Etude House’s Dear My Jelly Lips (in JOR203)
– Very pigmented and creamy tinted lip balm. Smells like candy.
- Maybelline’s Color Elixir (in Signature Scarlet)
– Probably the only lipstick-cross-lipgloss I like. Very cool product, try it out.
- Revlon’s Matte Lipstick (in Really Red)
– A favourite matte red. Very comfortable to wear and doesn’t transfer much, if at all.
- Maybelline’s Color Whisper (in Made-It Mauve)
– Love color whispers, very creamy with good pigmentation.
- Maybelline’s Color Sensational Creamy Mattes (in Mesmerizing Magenta)
– Recent purchase, wanted to give it a try. Not bad, but not warranting a wow either.
- Make Up For Ever’s Rouge Artist Natural (in N9 Coppy Pink)
– A nice neutral lipstick. Got it in this year’s Sephora birthday gift actually.
eBay unbranded Sigma Brush Dupe (an F88 dupe)
- I like using this brush best with the Revlon Colorstay whipped foundation.
e.l.f’s Studio Blush Brush
- Love this brush with applying blush and contouring cheekbones.
eBay unbranded Sigma Brush Dupes (P82 and P84 dupes)
- I use the angled brush with blending concealer and the rounded for spot powdering and highlighting. Definitely recommend eBay sigma brush dupes! You can easily buy 10 dupes for the price of one Sigma brush!
e.l.f’s Essential Eyeshadow Brush
- A classic eyeshadow brush that works great.
Maybelline’s Gel Eyeliner Brush
- It’s the brush that came with their gel eyeliner? I use this to smudge eyeliner on my lower lid.
e.l.f’s Studio Kabuki Brush
- Use this to apply that e.l.f baked bronzer-meets-blush from above, also like to use it to blend out anything I may have gone overboard with.
And that’s all! I was thinking about doing an accompanying post on the skincare I brought, but meh. We’ll see!
ps: Used my cell phone to take this photos, so the quality may not be on par with some previous posts!